CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 3, 2008

So Sorry!

I know, I know... I am way overdue... Let me just tell you how crazy things have been for us since January began... I started taking my classes to prepare me for teaching and I have school/work from 7am to 3:30pm and then leave pretty much immediately on Mondays and Wednesdays to go to my class from 5 to 8 at night... With traffic, I don't even have time to go home beforehand, so I am gone from 6:45am to 8:30pm... it's a really long day!! I am also tutoring a group of 4th graders to get prepared for the Math section of the TAKS test on Thursday afternoons. Then on Saturday, I am in class from 8:30 to 3:30... I don't even feel like I had a January... All things said, I really love the classes. I am getting the greatest information and when I am at work-school, I see so much of that in action. I couldn't have asked for better preparation and I can't wait to embark on my journey.

"Benevolence alone will not make a teacher, nor will learning alone do it. The gift of teaching is a peculiar talent, and implies a need and a craving in the teacher himself." ~John Jay Chapman

Zach, has had a similar January as well. They closed 27 houses in January and they are not slowing down through March 31st! It's their 4th Quarter, and this time of year is just usually nuts... but it's even more nuts this year than last. That being said, we are extremely thankful that he is in that situation. He is going for another promotion this year and so, shaved his beard off, and cut his long hair short...All he said was, "I'm going pisshead." For those of you who don't know what that means, a Pisshead is a "mean" sophmore in the corps at A&M and he is referring to his motivation to get promoted to the next level. I love it!

Since our schedules have been so cramped, we haven't had the chance to really do anything. We are going to San Antonio with the family next weekend to celebrate our nephew's 2nd birthday, so I'll post a picture of the cutie pie! He is HILARIOUS!!! My sister was telling me yesterday how funny it is that he loves vegetables... I just told her she was lucky! Here is Preston at Christmas time...It's probably one of my most favorite pictures of him. I'll post pictures from his birthday party when I can.

I wrote a cinquain poem about Preston for class... it's really cute:
Preston
bright-eyed wonder
squealing, clapping, giggling
funny little boy taking in the world
toothy two-year old

0 comments: