CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Officially a Teacher!!!

So, I signed my contract with Irving a long time ago, but I didn't really feel like I was officially a Teacher until today! What a wonderful day! We started with an inspirational message from Staff Development about how much they are going to support us (us being first year teachers). Then, I got to meet my new Teacher Liaison who will be there to help, not evaluate me... That is amazing. She will come by my room, and ask what I need help in... If I need her to observe me to give me pointers, she'll do it. If I need her to help me cut things out and put up on the walls, she'll do it. And THEN, (yes there is more!) I got to sit in on a Master 4th Grade Teacher who stood there and said realistic and positive things, and gave SO much wonderful advice I could barely write it down fast enough. In the afternoon, I went back to Townley and got my laptop. I am SO excited!

Most of you probably have no clue or even care about what I just wrote, but what I am basically saying is how excited I am about Teaching. I know it will be hard, but if you know me at all, you know that certainly hasn't ever stopped me from trying! :)

I have been in and out of my room trying to get it set up and it's quite overwhelming... But, I am keeping the mindset that it doesn't matter if my room is set up perfectly... If I'm ready for the kiddos, I'll be just fine!

Things are great with us... school starts the 25th and Zach is still building houses. We had a great vacation all over Texas from Galveston to Shiner, San Antonio, Austin, College Station and back to Dallas! Phew! It was a whirlwind of a vacation, but very much needed! Here are some pictures:

0 comments: