So, substituting turned out to be a short-term thing for me... I was approached by one of the principals I met this summer while I was subbing in Irving ISD. He said that he needed to hire an Instructional Aide and I was the first person he thought of! YAY! So, it actually happened very quickly and I started last Thursday. I am what is called an "inclusion" Aide, which just means that the kids I am helping are in regular classrooms and just have some learning problems or disabilities. I jump around a lot and the kids I work with range from Kindergarten to 5th grade... Like I said, all over the place! I really enjoy it so far, it makes the day go by SO fast, and I am usually home by 4pm... I can't tell you how AMAZING that feels, especially when I wouldn't get home from my last job sometimes until 8 or 9pm! I am there at 7am and leave by 4pm...I can definately handle that! Not to say that it isn't a lot of work- I am going, going, going that whole time! I just have a quick 30 min lunch break and that's it! So, I am pretty tired by the time I get to go home. I know that when I begin teaching, my life is not going to be that easy, though. So, I'll just enjoy it while I can!
As far as everything else goes, nothing is new! Zach and I are both working and since we traveled every weekend of September, we are going to chill out a bit in October... Zach turns 27 on the 27th of this month! I can't believe it! We started dating when he had just turned 22! Time flies, huh? Since I don't have any new pictures since Miami, I will leave you with a few funny quotes from kids I have taught:
"My Momma has jiggly in her booty!"
"Why is your left eye closed?" (I was squinting in the Sun outside at Recess)
"You look like a teenager"
Kids say the darndest things! I will continue to post funny things they say...
Happy October!
Monday, October 1, 2007
A new development
Posted by Kate & Zach at 4:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment