
The weather is so beautiful!! I really love this time of year in Texas...the weather still feels like summer, just a little bit milder! Tonight we went to dinner for Zach's Grandma's 83rd birthday! She is so stinkin' cute! I don't think I've ever met another little old lady as cute as she! Here is a picture of her with Zach and I. We had a good time just making fun of our waiter...very clumsy and not very professional in his language choices.
Another great thing about Zach being in construction is that he gets some stuff heavily discounted, and some things for free!!! There was too much Bermudagrass sod delivered to his neighborhood. It was just sitting there for a couple of days and the guy that came to pick it up let Zach have a pallet for free! So, Thursday night, we laid sod in the bald half of our front yard that our neighbors call the dust bowl. It feels GREAT to have grass cover all of our front lawn! We have been watering like crazy and now as I write this, I am very excited to hear rain outside! I will post a picture once the roots take and it turns green again.
We are going to start tackling some of the larger projects in our house in the next year and I can hardly wait to get started! We are going to completely re-do our Master Bathroom with tile floors, a shower with rain showerhead, and double vanity. I can't even begin to explain how nice that will be after using a pedestal sink and clawfoot tub complete with claustrophobic shower curtain! We are going to re-finish the small area of wood floor in our living room that hasn't been stained and put in a faux fireplace! I really want to get some living room and bedroom furniture...all of this is going to take a LONG time to save up for!!! I haven't even mentioned the work we have to do to the outside... geez...
I am not a very patient person (like I have said before, patience is a virtue I am trying to achieve; it's just not happening fast enough! ;) I wish I could snap my fingers and it would all be done. But, then that would take some of the fun out of it! So, we will do one thing at a time. Zach and I are being very careful what we spend any money on so we can save as much as possible! I can't believe we have been in our house 11 months! We closed on November 15th and moved in over Thanksgiving last year. Crazy! Crazy!
Things are going really great otherwise! I will try and post a little more often....
I will leave you with a new quote from one of the kids at my school. I have to preface it with a little explanation...I wear some large CZ studs that look like real diamond earrings everyday... A little kindergartener summoned me over to him and said:
"My Daddy wears the same earrings as you!"
I couldn't help but laugh out loud! I hope that brought a smile to your face! Love to all and goodnight!
Sunday, October 14, 2007
I love October in Texas!
Posted by Kate & Zach at 9:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment