Merry Christmas and Happy 2008! What a great holiday season it has been... We have been all over the place! Once school was out, (and man, was that the longest week ever!) we drove to Brock, TX just outside Weatherford in West Fort Worth to have some fun with Zach's side of the family. We played "Dirty Santa" and I am so excited about what I got! Dirty Santa is the same game as White Elephant, where you pick a number and you can open a new present or steal...except the gifts are good gifts. Usually, you end up with a DVD or gift card to Target or Best Buy. As soon as Zach's cousin said,"oooh, it's from Pottery Barn!" I was done! :) They are three pillar candles with birch wood wrapped around them to look like a tree log. Pretty Cool! I was so excited! The whole game, I just kept quiet so everyone forgot about me! Who says Aggies aren't smart?
I had such a blast hanging out with Rob, D'aun, Tori, and Cami and the rest of my side of the family. We had some great food, played "Corn-hole" with bean bags, and some good old fashioned 42. I am not sad to say that playing dominos has replaced the old tradition of playing touch football with my cousins. Our nephew, Preston Blake is almost two and is starting the years of hilarity... He says and does the funniest things! You will see some great videos below of just that... what a kid!
Preston's Mad Face
Tickle Me Preston
We also went down to San Antonio to watch the Aggies play Penn State in the Alamo Bowl. We decided to cut $$ and watch the game from a bar in the Riverwalk, which was just as well considering our performance wasn't the greatest. I am just excited to see what Mike Sherman has in store for our Aggie football program. After that, we headed down to Alvin, TX (South of Houston, hometown of Nolan Ryan) for a great tradition of New Years Eve parties with the Knapes. Here are some pictures from last weekend.
I am so proud of Zach and what an amazing handyman he is. He has really done well at his job learning how to do things and do them well! He worked his tail off the weekend before Christmas building a mantle for our Fireplace and I have to say, it's amazing! I showed him a picture of what I wanted it to look like, he went to Home Depot, and just did it... We still have to paint it white to match the rest of the trim in the room, but he deserved a break after putting that together in one day!!! P.S. There is now a hammer and stud finder in our fireplace...
I remember joking with friends in co-workers back in 2006... I got engaged at the end of 2005, got a new job, got married, and bought a house! What in the world could 2007 bring? Well, I know that 2008 is going to be a great year full of wonderful memories. No babies for us yet... Sorry Mom. ;)
Love to all and Happy 2008!

0 comments:
Post a Comment