CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Spring feels like such a high-speed, merry-go-round, whirlwind, etc... Many associate spring with renewal and reinvention. I think that goes across the board in all areas of life. We are seeing the fruits of our labor on the yard, but I think Zach and I are both growing personally and spiritually.

We are working on the yard quite a bit. I actually did yard work for the first time this past Sunday, and although I paid for it, was quite rewarding. I will try to post pictures this weekend of the progress we have made. It's quite amazing the difference it has already made, and we have only just begun!

Oh yeah, and we got our bedroom furniture!! I am so excited! I love it! It was Zach's gift to me for getting a Teaching job. I didn't think we'd get it until later this year, but they were running a sale over spring break, so we got it! Here is a picture of the bed... I'll post better pictures of the whole set in our room later on...


I just finished my last class for my EC-4 Generalist certification. All I have to do now is take my second test and I will be classroom-ready... that is, until June when I have to start my Special Ed classes and take THAT test... I still struggle on my decision (mostly for reasons completely unrelated to adding a certification) to take that job, but ultimately I want to be at Townley and a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do. If you don't already know this (I'm sure you do), I am a mover and a shaker kind of girl. If I want something, I go and get it... I don't typically have the patience to wait for it to come to me. However, I am still hanging on the hopes that someone decides to go before July... my last chance, the contingency on my agreement to the special ed job. Worst case scenario, I do 4th grade Inclusion for a year and get to work with my Sister-in-law and a really good 4th grade team. My worst case scenario this past year was that I would substitute, and look where it took me! I don't know that I would go back and do it any other way. I have worked with 9 different teachers this year... I don't know what else could give you more experience and insight into teaching than that! I really truly love my job and I learn so much everyday. The education world changes so much with all of the research they do, that I am sure I will still be learning just as much when I have been teaching for 15, 20, and 30 years...

I have to take the time to brag on Zach. I am so proud and in awe of his dedication and hard work. His triathlon in Houston is a week from Saturday, and he is as cool as a cucumber. I love his mentality. It's not about beating anyone but himself. He trains, but he doesn't over train. He just enjoys it. We are going with another couple with whom we go to church. Zach and Taylor have trained together a little bit and are both psyched to start on their journey to complete the "real" Ironman in Hawaii. I told Zach I'm all for it. ;) I have different motives, though.

I guess I haven't posted in a while... things have been so crazy hectic! I am so glad to have a bit of a break on my classes before summer. The kids have jumped right in to "spring fever" which makes it a challenge and daily learning experience on how to motivate them differently every day. It's amazing what the weather does to them. I can't believe there are school districts who limit recess... I just think that's insane. The kids need to move and get all that energy out!

Like I said earlier, Zach and I have definitely grown spiritually. We started going to a church where we felt like we could raise our future kids and just really love it. The pastor is more engaging than I have ever seen... His sermons are probably about 45 minutes long and we never even stop to look at our watches. He's just that good. I have found myself so inspired and humbled by how the Lord works through him.

"Finally, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable...if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think on these things." ~Philippians 4:8

0 comments: