


I just have to say I have the best parents! They came down on Saturday afternoon to help us plant Lariape on the walkway and some Japanese Maple on the side of the house. I am so grateful to have them! They do so much for us and I can't thank them enough!
We're just rounding third base, and sprinting towards home! Almost done! The last goal of 2008 is to knock our nasty shed down! I can't wait for that! It will be fun! Anyone who wants to take a swing when we start demo, just let me know!
Zach also completed his second sprint triathlon. He is just an amazing athlete! I am so proud of him! And he just loves it! Here are a couple of pictures from it...
Zach and Taylor after they finished...
I will end my post with a really sweet, touching letter one of my 5th graders gave me on the last day of school...
"Dear Mrs. Gavos,
You always come to our classroom with a smile on your face. You come and help everybody and you never forget a fly. Thank you for always explaining different problems to me. You were always and I know you will be sweet. You are a friend to me and a true friendship is a treasure for ever and always. I know you will always shine. I'm gonna miss everybody next year when I'm in 6th grade but I think that's how life is and a part of growing up. Sincerely, Arelsi"
That, my friends, is why I do what I do... It is an amazing feeling to watch the kiddos change so much over the course of just one year. I believe that those who look at teaching negatively and those that focus on the hard parts of teaching sometimes get lost in the greater cause of what they are doing. I can not wait to teach 4th grade next year. We have an amazing team and although there will be difficulty (is there anything worth doing that doesn't have some difficulty to it?), I know I will come out of the year having learned so much.
Goodnight!

0 comments:
Post a Comment