I got bored with a bland white background, so I thought I'd try something new...
We had the most amazing weekend... Zach took Friday off and we got to go watch one of his best friends get married. They are having a baby in July and wanted to get married before she was born so they went to the Justice of the Peace. It was a really sweet ceremony and they are just a beautiful couple. It had to have been one of the largest crowds they had ever seen there... They had 4 pews and there was standing room only. Just a testament to the wonderful couple!


After the wedding, we took off to float the Comal River in New Braunfels. I can't even begin to describe how much I love that part of Texas. It is so beautiful! The weekend could not have been any better... we got to spend time with some of our best friends in the world, time which we both treasure since none of these live in Dallas. We laughed a lot, floated the river, relaxed, talked, and just enjoyed each other.

It's so funny looking back on college... Everyone says, "stay as long as you can... you are going to miss it when you're gone." And of course, the almost-graduate says, "No way! I am ready to get out of here and on with my life!" And then you realize what you are missing is not the classes, but the free lifestyle of college and the close proximity to your best friends that you likely will not ever have the chance to have again. I miss being in College Station and being in close proximity to my best friends... there's nothing like that feeling of being "at home."
Since the first 2 weeks of summer have just flown by, I have really started thinking about my classroom and what I am going to do for the coming year. I am so overwhelmed, and at the same time, really excited. I am reading a truly extraordinary book called "Teaching with Love and Logic" and I can't wait to finish it. Since this weekend, I knocked my sleep schedule out of whack (hence, the post at 1:15am) and I already read the first 3 chapters tonight when I couldn't fall asleep.
That's really all I have for tonight. Thank you to all who have been so sweet and supportive of our house updates... the landscaping has been the largest project we've done yet, and it feels amazing to have it pretty much done... for now ;) Hopefully sometime in August I can get a party together so we can show it off. I really want to call it a "Coming out party" for Winnie (Winnetka is our street, so we call her "Winnie"), but Zach is not excited about that because of the large population of gay neighbors we have. I think it's funny! :)
Ta Ta for now!


0 comments:
Post a Comment