The Office is done!! (Well, sort of... I still have to accessorize a bit :) We decided on a Suade finish paint, which is extremely labor-intensive...no roller, just a paint brush, and 2 coats of painting in an 'X' pattern! Zach did not love the experience to say the least!
But, I think it turned out great! We both love it! It is so much fun to say: hey, let's paint today! And, then we go do it! You'd never think us A-type planner people would do such a thing, but we ARE spontaneous!!!
Here is a look at the finished product...
But, I think it turned out great! We both love it! It is so much fun to say: hey, let's paint today! And, then we go do it! You'd never think us A-type planner people would do such a thing, but we ARE spontaneous!!!
Here is a look at the finished product...
Seeing as it is 10:30pm, the lighting isn't great, but hopefully the lamp will do! We really like it! The suade finish makes the room feel like a cozy old office!
I know there are plenty of you out there that haven't seen the house yet and want to...you are more than welcome to stop by anytime! (give me a few moments notice, though please! :)
Being the perfectionist that I am, I won't have a "house-warming" party until after I am satisfied that I have something to show for it...We are slowly but very surely coming along on the house. Our worst thing is the exterior. Needs to be re-painted a better color, re-trimmed out, and landscaped... So, please no judgements yet!
Until then, I will continue to post new things we do, and trust me there is plenty! I am pulling for some new furniture, but that will take some saving up... I can't wait!
Speaking of waiting, I thought of a quote that pretty well describes me (and sometimes Zach too, when it comes to the house)... I don't know if anyone has said it before, but I thought it was pretty clever, and SO me (and Anita too! Hahah!) So, until I know that someone else thought of it before me, I am going to take credit! :)
"Patience is a virtue I am trying to achieve...but it just isn't happening fast enough!"
Being the perfectionist that I am, I won't have a "house-warming" party until after I am satisfied that I have something to show for it...We are slowly but very surely coming along on the house. Our worst thing is the exterior. Needs to be re-painted a better color, re-trimmed out, and landscaped... So, please no judgements yet!
Until then, I will continue to post new things we do, and trust me there is plenty! I am pulling for some new furniture, but that will take some saving up... I can't wait!
Speaking of waiting, I thought of a quote that pretty well describes me (and sometimes Zach too, when it comes to the house)... I don't know if anyone has said it before, but I thought it was pretty clever, and SO me (and Anita too! Hahah!) So, until I know that someone else thought of it before me, I am going to take credit! :)
"Patience is a virtue I am trying to achieve...but it just isn't happening fast enough!"
~Kate Gavos

2 comments:
Hahahahaha!!! I LOVE IT! I'm so on bored with that quote. When you figure out a way to get a quick fix to patience, you know the first person to call is me!
I meant on "board" not on "bored." Subconcious slip, seeing as though I am at work and all =)
Post a Comment