I am in heaven...I have the whole week off! This is great! I have been cleaning the house this morning (Shocking, I know...) and I started reflecting on what is going on in our lives right now. I couldn't help but feel extremely blessed.
With Zach turning 27, friends expecting a baby, and going to another wedding this past weekend, I have started to have moments of reality lately where it hits me that we are actually adults... I always felt like we were "play adults." We had the responsibilities and all, but it just didn't start to feel real until recently... Not that it's a bad thing, but I just now have this extreme awareness that I have grown up...
With this heightened sense of awareness, I also feel extremely blessed. I think about my Granny who is 87 years old, going on 88 and how sweet and special she is to me and the rest of my family. She is the one who made my family who we are today, and I am so thankful for that. I think about my marriage to Zach and how truly thankful I am to have him by my side for the rest of my life.
I think about how fast my nephew is growing up, and how I fall in love with him more and more every time I see him. I think about our wonderful house, wonderful neighbors, and how much fun it is for Zach and I to work on it together and see our progress. I think about all of our friends and how much I love and miss the ones I don't get to see very often. We went to a wedding this past weekend and got to spend time with some of our best friends. That is time that I truly cherish. I am thankful for my job. I have never found anything that compares to working with kids... How can you not smile when you see this?
Zach and I have friends in Iraq, and also ones that are about to go...I am so thankful for them and the other soldiers over there, who fight and risk their lives every day so that I can live mine safely back here in the U.S.
I am thankful that I have friends and family who care enough about our lives to stop in and check our blog every so often. I am so blessed.
That's right! We've been in our house for a year now! There is still SO much we have to do to the house before it is finished. The past year has been so much fun transforming it from the thickly textured, yellow walls to the place we call Home... Enjoy the slideshow of before and after pictures: (Click on the text bubble icon in the bottom left to see the captions)
Monday, November 19, 2007
Blessed
Posted by Kate & Zach at 2:38 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Your house looks AMAZING!!! It should be in the pottery barn catalog!!!
Post a Comment